I was invited to the NIDO GUM (Growing Up Milk) Bloggers Kick-Off Event last January 26, but I wasn’t able to go because of mommy duties.
The event was held at Early Bird Breakfast Club in Bonifacio Global City and was hosted by celebrity mom Bettinna Carlos.
At the event, guest speaker Dr. Agnes Calleja, M.D. shared the importance of understanding age-specific nutrition in helping mothers make the right food choices for their kids, while Patricia Turcuato, Lead Consumer Marketing Manager for NIDO Growing Up Milks (GUM), talks about protection from within with NIDO® 3+.
Mommies present during the event learned valuable tips on how to raise Laking Amazing kids, and here are some of them.
How do we get our kids to eat healthy?
We all know that fruits and vegetables are needed for our children’s physical and mental development. Unfortunately, a lot of kids these days, my son included, are picky eaters, and they will try all means to avoid having these healthy food items during meals. This may seem like a daunting task, but it’s definitely not a hopeless situation.
Here are some tips to help increase kids’ fruit and vegetable consumption:
• Make children’s meals colorful by mixing green, leafy vegetables with bright-colored ones like carrots and squash. You can also put more fruits into the mix for that added sweetness.
• Keep children away from the TV during meal times and make sure they eat on the table to limit distractions and promote good eating manners.
• Be a positive role model and eat healthy food together as a family. Kids usually copy what they see adults do.
• Teach kids healthy food choices by bringing them to the grocery and explaining the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables in a manner they will understand.
• Involve children in the kitchen and show them how to prepare quick healthy snacks, so they won’t turn to chips and sweets when they’re hungry.
How do we protect our Laking Amazing kids?
Our children should also be protected from within. To keep them from getting sick, we should also check the health of their stomach where bacteria, good and bad, thrive. Too much bad bacteria in their tummies will make them weak and vulnerable to diseases.
To have healthy tummies, give our kids NIDO® 3+. Specially developed by the best of Nestlé Research, NIDO® 3+ is the only milk brand with Lactobacillus PROTECTUS®, millions and millions of live good bacteria that maintain stomach balance and help strengthen the immune system.
NIDO® 3+ also contains other essential nutrients such as Prebio® 3, DHA, ALA, LA, Folic Acid, Taurine, and high levels of vitamins A, B3, C, D, E and Zinc to support overall growth and development.
There is also NIDO® 5+ for kids aged 5 years and above. It is enriched with CALCI-N® to help build healthy bones by providing better calcium absorption.
And here’s good news for all of the moms out there! You can avail of the free consultations with NIDO® 3+ and NIDO® 5+ licensed nutritionists in select groceries and supermarkets nationwide starting February 2016. For more details, visit www.lakingamazing.ph.
NIDO® 3+ and NIDO® 5+ are not suitable for infant feeding and are not breastmilk substitutes.