Who would have thought that a pandemic could happen in our lifetime? I haven’t seen that coming and have never even imagined it. To be honest, I had high hopes for 2020. I had health and investment goals I wanted to achieve, but COVID-19 happened, my plans were halted, and life has never been the same for most, if not all, of us. I’m hoping and praying that the end of this pandemic is near so that we can all go back to our normal lives.
2020 proved to be a bleak year as we see countless individuals dying of COVID-19, businesses floundering, employees losing their jobs, and the PH economy suffering. But despite all these setbacks and difficulties, there are still things in our lives that we can be grateful for. I am personally thankful for these FIVE THINGS during pandemic: the gift of life, more screen time, my first published book, makeovers for my blogs, and the confirmed relationship of my favorite K-drama couple Binjin.
1. Gift of Life – When COVID-19 happened, there was only one goal we had in mind, which was to stay alive. No matter what happens, all three of us, as well as my parents and siblings, have to survive the pandemic. But despite our firm resolve and safety precautions, two family members still caught the virus. My Nanay, a senior diabetic patient who’s undergoing dialysis, was hospitalized for 13 days. My sister had to stay in a quarantine facility for two weeks to spare our Tatay who was the only one in their home with a negative swab test. Luckily, both my Nanay and sister recovered. The fact that the whole family is alive and kicking after 9 months of quarantine is a HUGE blessing that we are all thankful for.
2. More Screen Time – I wasn’t really a K-drama or Netflix fan pre-pandemic. I only started watching K-dramas on Netflix January of last year and only out of curiosity. Crash Landing on You (CLOY) was the talk of the town around that time, and I really wanted to see what the hype was all about. Well, what do you know! For the first time in years, I stayed glued to the TV for hours, putting off household chores to a few minutes before my son would arrive home from school because I wouldn’t want to miss a single scene or dialogue. I finished all 16 episodes in just two days. Not getting enough of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin after watching CLOY, I searched and watched all of their K-dramas and movies that I could find online. Watching K-dramas on Netflix is one of the things that’s keeping me sane and entertained during pandemic.
3. My First Published Book – Last November, an opportunity knocked on my door, and I took the chance to have my first book, Pensive Thoughts, published. The book contains some of my best-written articles from this blog. It’s available in both paperback and e-book format and can be purchased from Amazon, Ukiyoto or Google Play (links to order are found on this blog’s sidebar). Thank you so much, Ukiyoto Publishing, for making my dream of becoming a book author come true.
4. Blog Makeovers – Before 2020 ends, my two blogs, Pensive Thoughts and Delight My Appetite, received a much needed makeover courtesy of Squeesome Design Studio by my favorite creative couple Kaye and Paul. The refreshing new look of my blogs will definitely motivate me to write more interesting and meaningful content. With a fresh start in 2021, my blogs will inform, amuse, inspire, and impart lessons as I continue to write from the heart. Thank you to all those who continue to visit my blog and read my articles.
5. Confirmed Relationship of Binjin Couple – My favorite K-drama couple Hyun Bin and Son Ye-Jin a.k.a. BinJin are officially a couple! Korean celebrity portal Dispatch revealed on New Year’s Day that BinJin have been dating since March 2020, and this was confirmed by both their management, VAST Entertainment and MS Team Entertainment, respectively. This made BinJin fans, including myself, super kilig and really happy. I love them both! Bagay talaga sila! Why is this included in my list of things to be thankful for in 2020? Well, that’s because a dose of positive news like this lifts my spirits and makes each and every quarantine day so much more bearable.
What are you grateful for in 2020?