Summer Outing at Edsa Shangri-La Manila

Last April 23, I, my son and my niece went with hubby to Edsa Shangri-La Manila for their summer company outing. We stayed in a Deluxe Room with two beds, which were just enough for 3 adults and 1 kid.

photo DSCN4459_zpsmdnst9rs.jpg

What we did was put the two beds close together so we’d feel like sleeping in one huge bed. It worked!

photo DSCN4468_zpscmrk1neq.jpg

Our Deluxe Room has free wifi (but weak signal, though), cable TV, in-house movie channels, full-sized executive writing desk, IDD telephone and voice mail, electronic safe, bathrobes and slippers, hair dryer, and iron and ironing board.

photo DSCN4485_zpsoixj8b3p.jpg photo DSCN4486_zps9xt83cxy.jpg

It’s also equipped with coffee/tea-making facilities and a mini-bar.

photo DSCN4481_zpswcjy01hq.jpg
 photo DSCN4482_zpsn0wbmnou.jpg  photo DSCN4483_zps24wysext.jpg

The spacious bathroom has a bathtub and shower plus complete toiletries, too.

photo DSCN4487_zps0wbdwg3d.jpg  photo DSCN4488_zpszdn4xy5f.jpg
 photo DSCN4489_zpsprscmaiz.jpg  photo DSCN4490_zpsw8rpzvvi.jpg

That’s our son with his cousin Ate Ayie.

photo DSCN4460_zps9thgfenp.jpg

We stayed in our room to rest for a while, then went to Shangri-La Plaza Mall to have dinner at Corazon.

photo P_20160423_195414_zpsh2pusxth.jpg
 photo P_20160423_195307_zpsvues9dcv.jpg  photo P_20160423_195323_zps7qdyub11.jpg

After dinner, we went back to the hotel to have a quick dip in their gorgeous pool.

photo DSCN4553_zpsqnkh7nkw.jpg

This is how the pool looks like in the morning. Lovely, isn’t it?

photo DSCN4556_zpslsbklaa1.jpg

My son really enjoyed his time in the pool.

photo DSCN4584_zps5hkdd3lb.jpg

The pool area is a great place for photo ops.

photo DSCN4586_zpsxautioxz.jpg photo DSCN4589_zpsplzixbgh.jpg

There’s also a kiddie pool with a slide.

photo DSCN4590_zpswr3vjp4u.jpg

And a pond beside the kiddie pool with lots of fish!

photo DSCN4598_zps0ij2hts5.jpg

See what I mean?

photo DSCN4594_zpsg3a32llv.jpg

And just a few steps away from the pond is an empty wooden bench, another perfect spot for souvenir photos.

photo DSCN4600_zps1ngve073.jpg

Our overnight stay at Edsa Shangri-La Manila also came with complimentary buffet breakfasts for two. My son and his cousin had buffet breakfasts, too. We only ate a little, though, because our young man wanted to stay in the pool for a few more hours before we check out of the hotel. Ergo, our breakfast was hurried.

photo P_20160424_091650_zpskszabrkq.jpg photo P_20160424_093644_zpsokmpotdp.jpg

Breakfast in a hurry, just two plates, sigh!

This was a decision we deeply regretted, especially after we learned that hubby’s group was allowed to check-out at 4:00 p.m, instead of the usual check-out time of 12:00 noon. Anyway, we really had a great time at Edsa Shangri-La Manila, and we hope to come back again soon.

Edsa Shangri-La Manila
1 Garden Way, Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong City, Philippines
Telephone No.: (63 2) 633 8888
Fax No.: (63 2) 631 1067
Website: http://www.shangri-la.com/manila/edsashangrila/

signature
This entry was posted in Edsa Shangri-La Manila, Family Staycation, Summer, Summer 2016, Summer Company Outing, Summer Outing, Swimming. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Summer Outing at Edsa Shangri-La Manila

1. Neri Ann says:

Looks fun! The pond of fishes will make my kids occupied and will make them really excited if we were there!

2. JuvyAnn says:

It has been a long long time since I last checked in here. I was newly married and now my eldest is already 12. Staying at Shangri la is a luxury. What I remember loving the most though is breakfast. They have one of the best breakfast spreads that would last me the whole day.

3. Elizabeth O. says:

It’s really one of the best hotels in Manila. The room looks really beautiful and spacious. And it’s nice to see you having a lot of fun with the whole family!

4. It looks like a beautiful hotel to stay and unwind with the family. Pool is really important when we go vacation. My kids will not survive without the pool. I will keep this mind for future reference.

5. My kids also loves to swim. So, they stay in the pool longer than staying elsewhere. Sometimes forgets to eat too.. The pool is always a big factor in choosing where to stay. Lol. Looks like you did have fun.😊

6. Maan says:

What a luxurious way to spend the summer! I’m the staycation type of person (though I’m sometimes in the mood for an adventure, too) so I’m jelly. 😀

7. Berlin says:

A well spent day. And dining in at Corazon is an equally good decision. Love their paella negra. As always, staying in a hotel even for an overnight is something kids appreciate a lot. They could always use the swimming pool or be cozy inside the bathtub. Bonus is treating them to a nice dinner.

8. Mommy Peach says:

Shangri-La is indeed a great hotel for staycation!!

9. Wow, I love staycations, too. It has been a while since we had one like this. Hope we’d get the chance, soon! XD

10. Ghel says:

Edsa Shang’s pool area is really attractive and can accommodate lots of guests even on a peak season. i love their beds too! so comfy 🙂

11. Mommy Levy says:

Sayang, sana they informed you about the late check-out time during your check-in. The pool looks nice nga. I hope we could have a staycation there soon.

12. What a nice way to end summer! 🙂 I’ve been to edsa shang many times but haven’t had the chance to stay in their rooms. Ahhh, what luxury! 🙂

13. Mommy Pehpot says:

ANg saya naman ng outing mo! hahaha

literal na parang lumabas ka lang at tumwaid hehe

But the pool at shang is super nice no?

14. Mhaan A says:

Will definitely consider this place for our next staycation. Thanks for sharing!

15. Pingback: Review of Manhattan Suites Baguio | Pensive Thoughts

16. Janice says:

I had a staycation at Edsa Shang once but that was a long, long time ago. Would be nice to go back soon. I forgot that’s what their pool looks like!

17. Louisa says:

Looks like so much fun and relaxing, too. I could use another staycation… Another school year begins!