We Joined Scholastic Summer Reading Fun and Summer Book Warehouse Sale 2016

Last Saturday, my 9-year-old son joined the first Scholastic Summer Reading Fun and bought books on sale at the Scholastic Summer Book Warehouse Sale at 70 C. Raymundo St., Pasig City beside Sorrento Oasis. I learned about these two events from Mommy Pehpot.

photo DSCN4359_zps435qt57c.jpg

Scholastic Summer Reading Fun
To instill in kids the love of reading, Scholastic Philippines (Scholastic) held its first ever summer workshop called Scholastic Summer Reading Fun. The workshop, intended for kids aged 4 to 10 years old, includes storytelling, after-reading activities and creating your own book. The workshop costs Php300, and participants can join either the morning session (9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.) or afternoon session (1:30pm to 3:30pm). We joined the afternoon session.

photo DSCN4318_zpsvsh4tmzj.jpg

We were actually 30 minutes late for the workshop and I wasn’t really sure if they could still accommodate us, but they did. We missed the storytelling and the after-reading activities; we arrived just in time for the kids to create a book about themselves.

photo DSCN4342_zpsk1skva32.jpg

Come to think of it, the Php300 workshop fee is really worth it because the kids were given the following: (1) a book kit (2) bottled water and snacks (3) a book, (4) Kinder Joy toy, (5) Certificate of Participation, (6) free photos of the kids and moms during the workshop and souvenir photos with Kinderino, Kinder Joy’s cute mascot.

photo DSCN4354_zpsawslx54b.jpg

Scholastic Summer Book Warehouse Sale
More than the workshop, my son was really excited to see the Scholastic books on sale. This was also our first time to go to the Scholastic Book Warehouse Sale.

photo DSCN4358_zpsjqbqeyev.jpg
 photo DSCN4355_zpsnfw89tpy.jpg  photo DSCN4356_zpsfbs47vpq.jpg

He got three (3) Geronimo Stilton books and one (1) Diary of a Wimpy Kid at 30% off, one (1) Roald Dahl classic at Php50, and 1 book on bullying for only Php75.

photo DSCN4374_zpseezfhcrr.jpg

We spent Php1,100 for all 6 books

If you want your kids to participate in the Scholastic Summer Reading Fun, there are still sessions available on the following dates: April 23, 29, 30 and May 6, 7, 20, 21, 27, 28. You can call 909-7218 or 0917-318-5261 or email educteam@scholastic.com.ph to reserve a slot for your kid. Walk-in participants are also allowed provided the 12-children-per-session limit has not been reached yet. The Scholastic Summer Book Warehouse Sale, on the other hand, is open every day until May 31, 2016.

signature
This entry was posted in Kinder Joy, Kinderino, Scholastic Summer Book Warehouse Sale, Scholastic Summer Reading Fun, Summer Workshop. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to We Joined Scholastic Summer Reading Fun and Summer Book Warehouse Sale 2016

1. Elizabeth O. says:

This is awesome, I love that Scholastic is doing this to encourage kids to read. The love for reading is one of the best things we can teach them.

2. Coi says:

Great workshop for kids this summer! Making a book about yourself sounds fun! Thanks for sharing 😉

3. This is great for kids! Learning while having fun is such a good way to spend summer. Making your own book is really cool!😊

4. Such a good way to encourage kids to read! The workshop surely will provide kids with so much learning and at the same time kids will have fun making their own books.😊

5. Sarah Tirona says:

this is so nice, im gonna try to catch the next one! 🙂

6. kareenliez says:

This really looks fun! If only we have something like this in our area, my daughter will surely love it! Looks like you had a great time too and lots of new books.

7. Berlin says:

Wipee! There’s still a chance for my 10-year old boy to join since they have May schedule. Thanks!

8. Janice says:

Hay we have yet to go to this! But I really, really want to. The workshop also sounds like something my five-year-old would enjoy.

9. Ming says:

This is a great workshop plus it’s affordable. Kids should be indulged to books instead of gadgets.

10. Edel says:

I’ve been meaning to visit the book warehouse sale but its so hard to travel now (blame the summer heat). A friend also told me that she got really nice titles at bargain prices. OMG!

11. Maan says:

Awesome books! I am so jealous. I wish there were warehouse sales din in Davao, especially Scholastic’s.

12. We joined the workshop too. We went in the morning. We didn’t have the bottled water and snacks though. Haha, nagcompare. Kinderino pala name ni mascot, I thought just Kinder. Heheh

13. Louisa says:

This workshop looks great. Would love to have my son join this.

14. Nina Sogue says:

I want to raise my son loving books too. So far, so good. I hope we can visit this warehouse sale. It’s a great deal, especially when you’re buying in bulk!

15. I would love to go there!!!! Im not familiar with the place tho. 🙁

16. May Palacpac says:

I want to go to the warehouse to look at the books and see what we can buy for the kids for the SY. I hope our car would be fixed before the end of May.