Are You Okay, Mommy?

Please allow me to be a cheesy mom just for today. At two o’clock this morning, I felt the room was spinning even when my eyes were still closed. Thinking that the bad feeling would go away, I tried to sleep again only to find out at 3am that my nausea just got worse. I knew my 9-year-old son, who was beside me in bed, got up, too, when I called his Dad.

Me: I feel dizzy, Justin.

Justin: Are you going to be okay, Mommy?

Me: Yes, I just need to drink medicine.

I called two doctors whom I know would answer my call: my son’s pediatrician and our ENT doctor. My son’s pedia answered my call, and she gave me the medicine I needed for vertigo. My husband then went to the 24-hour Mercury Drug branch in Mandaluyong. I drank medicine at 4am, the time I’m supposed to get up to prepare my son’s food and things for school.

Because I was still nauseous, Justin’s Dad took over my morning chores. I knew he wouldn’t be able to do everything, so I slowly got up from bed at 5:00 a.m. Still lightheaded, I felt like vomiting, and I did. When Justin heard me scramble for the wash room, he shouted to his Dad (because he was still in bed), “Daddy, help Mommy!”

After throwing up, I felt a little better. I already had the energy to help pack Justin’s food for school and fix his school stuff. I lie in bed again while Justin was having breakfast, but I was already strong enough to walk with him to his school service. Before he left, he told his Dad – and he made sure he said it loud enough for his Dad to hear – “Daddy: Take care of Mommy.” And that was exactly what I needed to get better.

photo P_20151030_201758_zpskoodn8pp.jpg

I already said this in my FB post, but I’ll say it again because well, I’m feeling really cheesy. The greatest perk of being a mom is receiving your child’s unconditional love and concern. I am really so blessed to have a sweet and thoughtful son. I love you, Justin!

signature
This entry was posted in Cheesy Mommy, Feeling Loved, Motherhood Perk, Sweet Son. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Are You Okay, Mommy?

1. Elizabeth O. says:

That’s very sweet. They are the best when it comes to showing how they care, aren’t they? It’s really one of the best things about being a parent.

2. Vertigo is a scary thing. MY husband used to have that (still have it once in a while). Take care ate and hope you feel better soon!

3. jo says:

You’re the 3rd person whom I know that has vertigo. Heard lot of scary stories. I hope they find a cure to this already. 🙁 Take care. Good thing you have a thoughtful son.

4. Your Justin is so sweet. I also have vertigo and had it checked. I have learned that vertigo is a symptom for meniere’s disease, an imbalance or disorder of the inner ear that can affect hearing and balance to a varying degree. It can be real bad and thank God I also have a Justin like yours who would always check on me and take care of me. Cheers to our sweet boys.

5. Maan says:

Aww, how sweet Justin! That’s honestly what I love about sons — they’re the sweetest. I hope you’re doing well, Ms. T. Take care and rest!

6. Mommy Levy says:

I will do my research about vertigo. Masakit din kasi ulo ko ng mga nagdaang araw.

7. Awww, that was very sweet of Justine. It truly is the best perk of being a mommy!

8. My mom has it. And since she started getting vertigo attacks we found it hatd na to bring her to far places especially elevated places. Sobrang bawal mapagod. Kawawa when it is attacking she looks so helpless and scared. I do wiah they can find a cure for this.

9. May Palacpac says:

May I say you’ve got a really goodlooking son right there. 🙂 And yes, their unconditional love seem to know no bounds. I hope you’re alright now.

10. Nina Sogue says:

This post made me tear up a bit. Truly, nothing compares to the love that we get from our kids. My son, who is barely 2 years old, still cannot express his through words, but he randomly gives me hugs and kisses, especially when I’m busy doing something. Super kilig that he’s very affectionate. I hope he won’t grow out of it soon 😛