First Day of 4th Grade

Last Monday, June 8, was our son’s first day in school. He is now officially a 4th grader. How time flies! To be honest, we aren’t ready for school yet, and if he had his way, our son would have wanted to extend his summer vacation.

photo P_20150608_062228_zpsv4vcf3to.jpg

Going down for his school service with his crisp uniform, fairly new black shoes and school backpack

He has grown bigger and taller, so we had to buy him new uniforms. He didn’t bring his Hawk trolley bag to school last Monday as they were asked to bring a small bag only for the entire week, hence, the backpack.

photo P_20150608_065519_zps87pesxf7.jpg

I went with him to class that day to see his new classroom, to meet his new homeroom adviser and to take a mandatory first-day-of-school photo inside the classroom.

photo P_20150608_065557_zpsv6nxhate.jpg

He was excited to go to school to see his classmates and friends but a bit apprehensive about their new teachers. He was hoping to have teachers who are not so strict. They will be meeting all of their subject teachers today and will be following their official class schedule starting next Monday.

As Grade 4 students, they are now being trained to be independent. They now have their snacks and lunch at the school canteen, but he hasn’t been able to eat properly in school since Day 1 due to lack of time. He also goes home later than 4:00p.m. every day because class dismissal is at 3pm and he still has to wait 40 more minutes before his school service departs.

There will certainly be major adjustments for our son this school year, but I hope that he will adapt quickly to these new changes in his school routine. You can do it, son! Mommy and Daddy are here to help you in any way we can.

signature
This entry was posted in First Day of School, Grade 4, LSGH. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to First Day of 4th Grade

1. Cherry says:

Katuwa, the kids are so game in photo taking. They are all so handsome in their school uniform.

2. Elizabeth O. says:

He looks very excited to be back to school again. He is all smiles.

3. Jen says:

It’s amazing how kids grow up so quickly. His excitement is all over your kid’s face. 🙂

4. He is so cute. He looks very smart too. Good luck to your son’s 4th grade schooling Sis. Our school is about to end in about two weeks. My summer babe will be in 4th grade this September.

5. We are just now starting our school break, we will be back in August. Looks like a smarty 4th grader JUstin, which I kmow he is!

6. I think the opening of classes is the most exciting phase of any school year for the kids. I hope all our kids will have the greatest school year yet.

7. papaleng says:

Hayz, I missed those days that I acted as yayo to our kids as well as to my apo.

8. Lorly says:

it was also my youngest’s first day in preschool. My hubby had to take pictures, too! milestones, indeed.

9. This made me remember my Elementary days. Super excited sa pasukan talaga dati. Excited gamitin ang mga bagong biling notebooks/pens.

10. MrsMartinez says:

How time flies! Ang laki na nga ng anak mo! Big boy na!

xoxo
    MrsMartinez

11. Maan says:

What a big boy Justin is! And he looks already well-adjusted, I’m sure he’ll do well this year.

12. Dulce says:

Yes, time really flies so fast! All the best for your son 🙂

13. Their classroom looks so nice, bright, and spacious!

14. Indeed, time flies so fast. Before you know it, binata na ang anak mo.. And sooner or later, he’s going to have a girlfriend.. Ang OA lang nag pagka fast forward ko.. Anyway, I wish your son the best this academic year 2015-2016! Break a leg!

15. Nadia says:

Happy new school year! I remember our Grade Four days. Being independent in school starts during this year. Boys will wear long pants instead of shorts. Classes are longer and subjects more challenging. Good luck and have fun learning!

16. Jackie says:

This is so sweet. I don’t know if my mom saw my classmates din on my first day of school, but I hope I get to see my daughters’ classmates on their own first day. 🙂

17. edel says:

Kids really grow up too fast … before you know it high schooler na ang 4th grader mo. 🙂

18. Justin looks excited naman to go to school. Grade 4 na pala sya? ang bilis ng panahon!

19. Millie says:

Wow! Kaiyak noh? but, yeah time flies so fast! Next thing we know, college na sila! But yes, I know your son can cope with it! He looks strong and confident!

20. nicole p. says:

Ang cute naman.. They’re so excited for the incoming school year.. I remember my woes when I was entering Grade 4, hoping that I can cope with the lessons and finally be added to the top honors… #pressure lang ang peg hehe…

21. Awwww….why the lack of time to eat? Is the canteen far? Anyway, I remember that our major adjustment during my time was 5th grade when our classes would be until 4pm then. First grade to 4th grade were half days only at that time. Kids nowadays have much bigger load.

22. Louisa says:

Time really flies! It feels like it was only yesterday that my 2 kids were in 4th grade. Now they’re both in high school!

23. Oh I hope he gets to adjust soon and take the much needed time to eat and recharge.

24. Aww. . . your son looks like a smart kid. How time flies. My eldest daughter is already on the 6th grade. And before we know it, we’ll be sending our kids to college . . . Haay buhay. . . =)