Chinese New Year Celebration in School

Last February 23, the Grade 3 students of LSGH were asked to come to school wearing Chinese costumes. This was in line with the school’s celebration of Chinese New Year. Justin wore a borrowed Chinese silk robe for boys, paired with black slacks and black shoes.

photo DSCN6098_zpswv2mp0ng.jpg

Prior to their post-Chinese New Year celebration at LSGH, the boys were also asked to make their own Chinese lanterns that were displayed in school. Unfortunately, I couldn’t open my desktop where that photo was stored.

So what do you think of our kung fu kid?

signature
This entry was posted in Chinese Costume, Chinese New Year, Grade 3, LSGH. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Chinese New Year Celebration in School

1. He looks very cute with that Chinese Outfit! Bagay na bagay!

2. jo says:

My daughter has a Chinese costume too though it’s still sitting in her bedroom. Your son looked so cute in his costumer I bet he enjoyed the school event!

3. Travel Quest says:

He is so cute 🙂 the dress and the eye glass is just looks nice on him 🙂 good job mommy for dressing up you son.

4. nova says:

wow!!! I was way left behind with the Chinese New Year date, he look so handsome

5. Awww! Justin looks so handsome in his Chinese robe Sis. He looks so smart with glasses too.

6. edel says:

My daughter’s school have been celebrating Chinese NY from prep to grade6. No more na for high school, simple celebration na lang but they can still wear red clothes if they like. They also have Chinese programs (song and dance performance) that also includes some kids playing Chinese musical intruments.

7. Any costume event is fun! This is a good way of letting kids experience the celebration firsthand. Your son is adorbs!

8. TweenselMom says:

Your son is cute and he seems to enjoy wearing his costume 🙂

9. Maan says:

Bagay! He looks handsome in that costume. I wonder how their lanterns looked like?

10. Ruth says:

Very charming! So cute! ☺

11. Mommy Anna says:

Costume for kids is always a challenge for me 🙂 now I am looking for 80’s costume

12. Louisa says:

Love the red and your son looks like he was excited for the celebration.

13. That’s a very nice variation of the costume. Sword nalang ang kulang hehe 🙂

14. Ayi says:

Cute little man 🙂 Pati LSGH nakiki-Chinese new year narin ah 🙂

15. Bagay for your little boy!

16. Anna says:

The costume fits your boy. Belated happy chinese new year!

17. Marie says:

He looks so cute in his Chinese costume.

Never experienced celebrating Chinese New Year in our school before, and even my siblings now.