Go-Karting in Emerald Avenue on a Sunday Morning

We woke up early on the last Sunday of January and trooped to Emerald Avenue (now called F. Ortigas Jr. Road) in Ortigas, Pasig to try their “Carless Sunday” activities. Every Sunday from 6:00 am to 12:00 noon, Emerald Avenue becomes a carless road, allowing people to exercise, jog, bike, go-kart, etc., without the hassle. This program was started in 2012 by then Pasig Mayor Bobby C. Eusebio to help Pasig residents adopt a healthy lifestyle.

photo P_20150118_064218_zpsa639ab08.jpg

There weren’t no bikes for rent yet when we arrived, and the go-karts were still being prepared, so we decided to have breakfast first at a McDonald’s nearby.

photo P_20150118_070646_zps624741c4.jpg photo P_20150118_071246_zps9539de4f.jpg

After eating, Justin went straight to the go-kart station. A 20-minute ride here costs Php100.00, while a 1-hour ride costs Php200.00.

photo P_20150118_070425_zps9cb08122.jpg photo P_20150118_074110_zps70fd322a.jpg

Aside from biking and go-karting, people can also while away the hours at Ortigas Park.

photo P_20150118_072912_zps501175be.jpg

There are also merchandise booths and several fast food restaurants in the area.

photo P_20150118_072613_zpsc496e4aa.jpg photo P_20150118_072043_zps47ed6faa.jpg

We stayed in Emerald Avenue for two hours and went back to our place to get ready for church.

photo P_20150118_073322_zpsf3a443e8.jpg

Justin will ride a bike next time.

signature
This entry was posted in Biking, Emerald Avenue, Go Kart, Go-Karting, Sunday. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Go-Karting in Emerald Avenue on a Sunday Morning

1. Lisa says:

It’s my first time to hear that program “Carless Sunday”. I bet people there have a blast doing their favorite activities sans the hassle of cars passing by. I just wish they implement that in other places too.

2. Vicky says:

Wow! Galing naman ng Pasig! Thank you for sharing 😀 Looks like a great way to spend Sundays!

3. wow! This looks so cool! I wanna try it with my boy too! 🙂 looks like you had fun! 🙂

4. Katrina says:

Wow this is nice! Been working near Ortigas since 2009 but I didn’t know na may ganito pala dyan *though I work at night naman* hehe!
    I love the idea of car less, most especially that place gets really crowded with cars diba?

5. This is so much fun. We did a lot of this type of activity during our summer vacation last year.

6. sarah tirona says:

i pass this all the time and didn’t realize that they actually had go karts and bikes for rent. sounds like a fun sunday activity. thanks for sharing 🙂

7. papaleng says:

This indeed a fun experience. Nalala ko tuloy ang panganay ko, we used to frequent CCP para lang maka-go kart siya.

8. We never had like this experience in Cagayan de Oro. Hope an investor would put up here in our city.

9. What a perfect weekend to bond with your family Sis. The karting looks fun and exciting. Glad your family had a wonderful time.

10. Maan says:

What a great program this is! It does not only promote a healthy lifestyle but also reduce pollution. I’m sure Justin had so much fun!

11. Emem V. says:

that looks fun. 🙂 I wish all nearby cities will have program such as this. 🙂

12. Mommy Anna says:

I like this kind of place where child can explore some activities instead going to timezone or toms world. I must admit that there are times that I let my son play in timezone but whenever I saw outdoor activity that he can explore I let him try it first.

13. Katriza says:

That looks so much fun! He looks like he’s having such a great time! We have an indoor one and I’m definitely going to check it out once my son is a little older! Thanks for sharing!