Quezon Memorial Circle in December

Our 8-year-old son missed biking at Quezon Memorial Circle (QMC), so we went there last Saturday to grant his request. We were there at around 5pm, and we rented a small pedicab for him for one hour. But one hour wasn’t enough, and he asked for one more hour. We conceded, but our son soon realized that he was already tired, and so he returned his pedicab after just a few minutes of paying for his second hour of biking.

photo DSCN5552_zps3871d355.jpg

While waiting for our son to finish biking, hubby and I looked around the various food stalls situated near the bike lane. I don’t remember seeing these kiosks the last time we went to QMC, so I asked one of the vendors from whom we bought snacks when they started selling food items inside QMC, and he said last December 1. These vendors stay there until late at night so that the people visiting QMC will not go hungry or thirsty.

photo DSCN5556_zps0dc6fb50.jpg

This was how one of the children’s playgrounds inside QMC looked like before 6pm. The Christmas spirit is alive with those bright, colorful lights.

photo DSCN5563_zpsa92095aa.jpg  photo DSCN5558_zpsf03f009b.jpg
 photo DSCN5562_zps0c96b881.jpg  photo DSCN5564_zps9b7e70ff.jpg

And here are the different food stalls offering street foods, grilled food, rice meals, pizzas, shawarmas, empanadas, siopao and siomai, goto and arroz caldo, pancit bihon and palabok, buko juice/buko shake, etc. The prices of food here are so affordable that we only spent less than Php500 for our afternoon snacks and dinner.

photo DSCN5565_zpsb3a620c3.jpg

On our way out, we passed by the QMC Christmas Bazaar where all sorts of goodies (shirts, shorts, dresses, shoes, slippers, toys, accessories) are being sold. The Christmas Bazaar is open Mondays to Sundays from 6:00am to 11:00pm until January 4, 2015 only. We weren’t able to take a picture of the bazaar, though, because we were in a hurry to go home.

signature
This entry was posted in Biking, Christmas, December, Quezon City Memorial Circle Christmas Bazaar, Quezon Memorial Circle. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Quezon Memorial Circle in December

1. Michi says:

The last time I was here was when I was still in College and wala magawa (decade ago). Nice to know the big improvement.

2. I want to visit Quezon Memorial Circle. My officemate told me na super ganda dito lalo na pag gabi, may rides, tiangge and daming food na pagpipilian. I hope makapunta kami dyan one of these days, kaya lang malayo kasi sya sa place namin eh.

3. Last time I went there was for a run but the circle do not have that attractions in place yet. That was years ago! I hope this is near our place so we can also come and visit.

4. Maan says:

This looks like a great Christmas hangout for families who don’t want to spend a lot! I’m curious to see what are sold in the bazaar.

5. yup qc circle can really be a fun place for the family… they have all sorts of activities there even ballroom dancing and zumba.. i wonder if they still have go cart race track there..

6. Ayi says:

We always go there when I was younger. It was part of our Sunday routine where we go jogging and biking, have breakfast, then go to Church. Its been a while since I last stepped inside the QMC. But I would love to check it out 🙂

7. Jen Santos says:

I’ve never been to QMC! But because of this post, I’m gonna go on a food trip in QMC one of these days. Parang ang sarap ng shawarma. Haha 🙂

8. Janice says:

I’ve been wanting to take my family to Quezon Memorial Circle for ages but haven’t been able to because it’s quite far from where we live. It must really look extra nice there now because of the holiday season.

9. Edel says:

Hubby and I are into biking but daughter prefers to just enjoy the ride (doesn’t know how to ride a bike! haha). She’s not that sporty although she seems to enjoy badminton lately. 🙂

10. My mom had a stall there a month ago but people never really buy clothes at QMC plus the weather was always bad that time so my mom stopped putting up our stall there.

I can still remember when we were still young, my sister and I also love riding bikes there at QMC. Memories… 🙂

11. Louisa says:

It’s been awhile since I’ve last been to QC Circle. I’ve also heard that there have been major improvements. I guess a visit is in order.

12. Hi Tetcha,

I haven’t tried biking here but my cousins said that kids will enjoy the park here especially biking.

13. Mommy Pehpot says:

One of these papaysal kame jan sa circle.. never pa kame nakapunta eh