One of the things I really enjoy when I’m doing my grocery shopping is that I’m able to find products that I can try and blog about, like these Malunggay Flakes I saw at Robinsons Supermarket last Sunday. This is manufactured by MLGS Herb Products.
Ingredients: Dried malunggay leaves and may contain dried malunggay twigs
We know for a fact that malunggay (Moringa oleifera) is loaded with nutrients. Here are the facts:
• It contains ½ times the Vitamin C in oranges.
• It contains 10 times the Vitamin A in carrots.
• It contains 15 times the potassium in bananas.
• It contains 17 times the calcium in milk.
• It contains 25 times the iron in spinach.
Malunggay can also be used to treat various illnesses, such as: headaches, migraines, fever, asthma, ulcer, diarrhea, and malnutrition, among others.
Aside from its health benefits, these Malunggay Flakes are versatile, too, because you sprinkle them in soups, bread mix or any food recipe. Tomorrow, we’ll cook Miswa with Malunggay Flakes.