A Novuhair® 2-in-1 package was delivered to my doorstep last March for review. The package contained the Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo (200 ml) and the Novuhair® Topical Scalp Lotion (200ml).
According to their website, Novuhair® is “nature’s answer to hair loss.” I was excited to try these products because I have thin hair and I suffer from occasional hair fall, but I only started using the shampoo and scalp lotion last April 19.
Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo contains pure botanical extracts that help promote healthy scalp and stronger hair follicles. Everyday use results in stronger hair roots and healthier hair. Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo should be used in combination with Novuhair® Topical Scalp Lotion.
Novuhair® Topical Scalp Lotion contains natural herbs, essential oils, and co-factor nutrients that moisturize the scalp, improve blood circulation in the scalp, strengthen hair follicles, stimulate hair growth, and prevent hair loss and premature graying of hair.
Directions for Use:
Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo: Wet hair and scalp, apply a small amount of shampoo, massage, then rinse.
Novuhair® Topical Scalp Lotion: After shampooing, apply topical lotion on the scalp twice daily (morning and night). Massage scalp gently for 5 to 10 minutes using finger pads. For best results, do no rinse.
How I Used Novuhair® 2-in-1
During the first week, I used the Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo twice a day and the Novuhair® Topical Scalp Lotion once a day. I use the herbal shampoo in the morning when I shower, apply the topical lotion on my scalp once a day (usually in the afternoon), and shampoo again at night.
However, during Week 2 and up to the present, I haven’t been applying the topical scalp lotion regularly and have been using the herbal shampoo only once a day because I’ve been really busy with my son’s summer class, enrolment and work. I also haven’t been using any conditioner after shampooing, too, since Day 1 because I wanted to experience the full effect of Novuhair®.
What I Like about Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo and Novuhair® Topical Scalp Lotion
• The herbal shampoo really cleans my hair and scalp.
• Both the shampoo and scalp lotion have cooling effects on the scalp.
• I have no dandruff since I started using both products.
• Both products are made with natural ingredients that do not have harmful side effects.
What I Don’t Like about Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo and Novuhair® Topical Scalp Lotion
• After using the herbal shampoo, my hair gets so tangled, and it takes me longer to finish combing my hair.
• The scalp lotion leaves stain on clothes, so I always place a towel or cloth around my neck to prevent drops of the scalp lotion from touching my shirt.
Effects of Novuhair Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo and Novuhair®Topical Scalp Lotion
After more than 3 weeks of using Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo and Novuhair® Topical Scalp Lotion, I see new hair growing on my scalp. See the small hair standing up on my head?
I also have a long scar in my head which was the result of a surgery I had in 2004. No hair has grown on that scar for 9 years. However, my helper who was the one applying the topical lotion on my scalp excitedly told me that hair is growing on some parts of the scar.
If Novuhair® was able to grow hair in the bald spot of my head that hasn’t grown hair for so long, then it must be effective! However, I still have a long way to go before I grow a lot of new hair, and that means I should use Novuhair® Herbal Shampoo and Novuhair®Topical Scalp Lotion regularly if I want to achieve better results.
• I wish they would come up with a conditioner, too, so that my hair doesn’t get tangled after shampooing.
• I also wish they could lower the price of their products. Novuhair 2-in-1 in Watsons is priced at almost Php4,000. If they reduce the price, then more people can afford to buy it.
While searching for solutions to hair loss, I was also looking for options to grow my lashes and found this review of Latisse. You might want to check this out, too!