Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide poisoning happens when one inhales too much carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen anywhere: in schools, in offices and even in our own homes. At home or elsewhere, our best defense against carbon monoxide poisoning is to have a carbon monoxide detector. This gadget is designed to go off if there are high levels of carbon monoxide in the air.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas which is dangerous to our health. Carbon monoxide is produced whenever fuel is not burned properly. Factories, cars and other vehicles emit carbon monoxide. Even the things we use at home like stoves, gas ranges, refrigerators or heating systems give off carbon monoxide.

Inhaling too much carbon monoxide is fatal because it can lead to suffocation, unconsciousness and even death. Because carbon monoxide is invisible, detecting a leak is quite difficult. It is also hard to know if a person is suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning because the symptoms are similar to other illnesses. One may have a headache, vomit, or feel dizzy and weak.

There are simple measures, however, that can be taken to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning at home. First, we need to make sure that all our fuel-burning appliances are properly maintained. We can seek the expertise of a qualified heating contractor to help us identify potential problems. We can also protect ourselves and our families from carbon monoxide poisoning by installing carbon monoxide detectors or alarms in our homes. You can easily get these home-safety gadgets at this website.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Monoxide Detector, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

  1. mommy peachy says:

    a carbon monoxide detector seems like a good idea, specially when you are travelling. At least you get to know when there’s carbon monoxide in the air and take necessary measures.

  2. The most common cases of carbon monoxide poisoning that I have heard is in cars–when people sleep in their cars while the air conditioning is on. I have heard of several deaths in our city because of this situation.

Leave a Reply to sigrid @ weightymatters Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *