Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on email
Email

Carbon monoxide poisoning happens when one inhales too much carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen anywhere: in schools, in offices and even in our own homes. At home or elsewhere, our best defense against carbon monoxide poisoning is to have a carbon monoxide detector. This gadget is designed to go off if there are high levels of carbon monoxide in the air.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas which is dangerous to our health. Carbon monoxide is produced whenever fuel is not burned properly. Factories, cars and other vehicles emit carbon monoxide. Even the things we use at home like stoves, gas ranges, refrigerators or heating systems give off carbon monoxide.

Inhaling too much carbon monoxide is fatal because it can lead to suffocation, unconsciousness and even death. Because carbon monoxide is invisible, detecting a leak is quite difficult. It is also hard to know if a person is suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning because the symptoms are similar to other illnesses. One may have a headache, vomit, or feel dizzy and weak.

There are simple measures, however, that can be taken to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning at home. First, we need to make sure that all our fuel-burning appliances are properly maintained. We can seek the expertise of a qualified heating contractor to help us identify potential problems. We can also protect ourselves and our families from carbon monoxide poisoning by installing carbon monoxide detectors or alarms in our homes. You can easily get these home-safety gadgets at this website.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on email
Email

2 Responses

  1. a carbon monoxide detector seems like a good idea, specially when you are travelling. At least you get to know when there’s carbon monoxide in the air and take necessary measures.

  2. The most common cases of carbon monoxide poisoning that I have heard is in cars–when people sleep in their cars while the air conditioning is on. I have heard of several deaths in our city because of this situation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This blog was originally put up to document my son’s growing-up milestones, all for posterity’s sake. But there are other things to write about, aside from “mommyhood,” that merit my attention, and I’m including them all here. This blog now chronicles my life as a mom and a wife and everything else in between. For collabs, please email tgfiguerres@yahoo.com.

SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOG

MY BOOK IS OUT NOW

I am so proud to introduce the collection of some my best written works from this personal blog, Pensive Thoughts.

VISIT MY FOOD BLOG

RECENT POSTS

PROUD MEMBER

Mommy Bloggers Philippines