Swimming Time at Ascott Makati!

Last Saturday and Sunday, March 31 and April 1, 2012, we were at Ascott Makati for my husband’s summer company outing. Ascott is located at Glorietta 4, Ayala Center, Makati City. The little boy wanted so much to go to the beach like last year, but he had to make do with a hotel outdoor swimming pool this time. We were billeted in a studio room with a queen-sized bed, fully furnished kitchen with washing machine and iron and a small living area with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. I’ll make a review of Ascott Makati in a separate blog post, so watch out for that.

Check-in time was 2pm. The little boy wanted to swim right away, but it was still too hot so he had to wait a few more hours before he could change into his swimwear and bring out his swimming float and Max Liquidator toy (a water shooter).

Getting ready to swim!

My son enjoyed his time in the pool. The water was so cold, but he didn’t seem to mind. He had his swimming float all the time, which gave him the feeling that he was swimming on his own, and he really liked that. Lol! He was swimming in the big pool, by the way, not in the kiddie pool!

The little boy enjoying his time in the pool!

Mommy, on the other hand, found the water too cold, so I had to find a way to warm up and what better way to do that than to soak in the spa/jacuzzi, which is a few steps away from the main pool. It took me a long time to finally submerge myself in the spa/jacuzzi because it was too hot, but once I got into it, it was heaven! I actually didn’t want to leave, but I was glad I did because I learned later that night from the hotel’s directory and from the Internet that one can’t stay too long in a spa/Jacuzzi or that person might suffer from nausea or worse, heat stroke!

Mommy enjoying the spa/jacuzzi!

By 8am the next morning, my son was ready and raring to go to the swimming pool again. I wasn’t able to join him and his Dad this time either to have buffet breakfast downstairs or to swim because well, I have work! Sigh! Well, that’s okay. What really mattered to me was how my son enjoyed his swimming time at Ascott. We hope to hit the beach soon!

This entry was posted in Ascott Makati, Summer Company Outing, Summer Outing, Swimmimg Pool, Swimming. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Swimming Time at Ascott Makati!

1. Hazel says:

Making do with a hotel pool at least gives the little boy less chances of sunburn. That’s true about jacuzzis. Have fun at the beach when you get there.

2. Honney says:

wow ang ganda dyan ah at malapit pa. super enjoy talaga ang baby boy mo. hehe.

3. teJan says:

ayy ang sarap naman..what a nice time with the family Techa:) Have a blessed holy week!

4. teJan says:

followed networked blogs too..hope you can do the same..godbless!

5. Eihdra says:

Sarap naman! Buti ka pa nakapagrelax na hehehe..

6. Rona says:

The little boy seemed to really miss swimming so much that all he was thinking about was swim again the next day! I’m sure that when you get back home, swimming was the topic all the time. Yey!

Thanks for the visit!

7. Jacuzzi sounds really good! Looks like a fun time! Thanks for visiting for the comment!

8. awesome post! I agree with you, I also miss their Jacuzzi!

9. DesignerMom says:

seemed you really enjoy swimming. Thanks for the visit and the comment. Come again!

10. the pool water looks so refreshing Sis 🙂 looks like Momi and son had a wonderful swimming 🙂 Dropping by from Happiness Is

11. Leah H. says:

Wow, type ko yung jacuzzi..he,he!! That will surely makes me happy too:)

Visiting for happiness- hope you can stop by:)

12. Pingback: Room Service from Café on the 6th, Ascott Makati | Delight My Appetite

13. Pingback: Hotel Review: Ascott Makati | Pensive Thoughts

14. Rosemarie says:

sarap naman mag babad dyan lalong lalo na atang init ng panahon ngayon, dropping by for Happiness is, I hope you could pay me a visit at

See you around!!!!

15. Rosemarie says:

i am here again, for mommy moment this time around…

16. With the summer heat, I wouldn’t mind soaking in a pool like that for hours! 🙂

17. anney says:

Your son looks like he had a lot of fun swimming! Can’t wait for our swimming getaway din!

Wow, seems like you had a fun time at Ascott! 🙂

19. KM says:

Ahhhhh… summer in the Philippines! 🙂 Looks like Mom and son both had fun 😀 I love hot tubs too pero yap, you can’t stay too long. There should be a sign or warning posted in the pool area to say the max time one can stay in the hot pool. What I do is I babad for 5 minutes or so, and then get off the hot pool, cool down a bit in the lounge, and go back again 🙂 Hehe!

Thanks for sharing this over at Happiness Is. See you there again for another round of happy posts 😉

20. cheerful says:

wow, very much confident in the water which is really great! he looks like his having so much fun. nice bonding time for mommy and your boy, and the family, of course! and a nice place to! visiting late from happiness is, hope to see you around. thanks and have a great week.:)

21. Pingback: Reunited with World Chicken! | Delight My Appetite

22. Cookie says:

Looks like mommy and son had fun at Ascott 😉 Love to visit that place someday.
    visiting from last week’s MM.

23. Pingback: A Cantonese Dinner at Luk Yuen | Delight My Appetite