Broadway Production and Moving Up Day!

Last Saturday, March 17, 2012 was my son’s kindergarten graduation at the Tektite Auditorium of the Philippine Stock Exchange Building. They had a musical production prior to their commencement exercise where all of the students, dressed in colorful costumes, sang and danced to famous Broadway songs from Sister Act, Mamma Mia, Annie, The Wiz, Fame, Footloose and Phantom of the Opera. Their graduation production is aptly titled “Broadway Bound.”

We got there early for the show!

My 5-year-old son introduced the first number that’s going to be performed, the song “That’s Entertainment.” His Dad captured this on video, but because of poor video quality, I decided not to include it in this post. The kindergarten class to which my son belongs performed the song “Masquerade” from the Broadway hit musical Phantom of the Opera.

That’s my son at the leftmost corner of the stage and his partner in red ball gown

The show’s finale, all of the students performing “Thank You for the Music”

The commencement exercise followed next. The middle aisle was off-limits to parents; only the school’s official photographers had access to it. We were seated in front but on the right side of the auditorium, which explains why we only got side shots of our son.

That’s my son!

The graduating kindergarten class

My son has grown to be a smart, confident and outspoken young man, thanks to the three wonderful years at The SchoolRoom. When I first enrolled him, I was appalled at the high cost of preschool tuition. Now I realize that investing in my son’s education is worth more than a pot of gold.

How time flies! I still can’t believe that my son is already going to big school this coming June. That’s another phase of motherhood that I have yet to master. I hope that he will enjoy his new school, that he will be comfortable around his new teacher/s and classmates, and that he won’t get bullied.

Congratulations, son! You made Mommy and Daddy so proud! We love you!

signature
This entry was posted in Broadway Production, Graduation Day, Graduation Production, Happiness Is..., Kindergarten, Mommy Moments, Moving Up Day. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Broadway Production and Moving Up Day!

1. Pingback: Graduation Blowout at Burgoo American Bar & Restaurant | Delight My Appetite

2. Hazel says:

Kids playing cute. That’s giving mom and dad their money’s worth.

3. ferry'zWILL says:

ayun naman talaga ang happiness don :) hehe.. galing ng graduation nila Sis noh?? congratulations sa baby mo :)

>> dumalaw mula sa happiness is :)

4. Hi,
    Thanks for visiting me and for leaving a comment! Congratulations to your son!!!!

5. rona says:

Wow!! I’m a preschool teacher and that’s one excellent idea of doing a production number for kids! Ang galing galing! Thanks sis for sharing this. Now, I have all the push to do this when I’m back to teaching. I usually would just make a simple production show during grad but thanks to this that I knew kids can do more! Congrats sa grad ni son! Super happy ako for you!

Coming here from Happiness is,,
    Mine is up here: http://athomeakodito.blogspot.com/2012/03/gumradweyt-na-si-hubby.html

6. Leah H. says:

Galing naman ng anak mo, mommy! Congratulation nga pala sa lahat ng graduates:)

Visiting for Happiness- hope you can stop by:)

7. congrats Sis for moving up day and for having a smart son…that is one happiness to proud of :-) Visiting from Happiness Is…hope that you can return a happy visit too.

8. Rosemarie says:

thanks for sharing the vedio, the kids are having fun, dropping by from happiness is see you at

happy weekend

9. anney says:

Congrats to your son! Cute namn ng costumes nila!
    Happiness is
    Pyromusical Competition

10. KM says:

Congrats to your son, and kudos to mommy and daddy! :D That’s kind of a big production for kindergarten ;)

Thanks for sharing this over at Happiness Is. See you there again for another round of happy posts! ^^

11. congratulations to your son, he is indeed so smart! Thanks for visiting!

congratulations Tetcha! :D how fast time flies. where do you plan to enroll him next? :)

13. cheerful says:

congratulations…look like its a grand production, everyone’s well-dressed! sabi nga nila foundation is always the best…so start right na if you can naman. i am excited for more stories of him in big school, i am sure he will do great. and oh, congrats to mommy and daddy too, you’re raising a great boy. visiting from last week’s MM, hope to see you around. thanks and have a great week. :)