My Little Speller!

If I can help it, I would prevent my son from eating sweets, like candies and chocolates. That’s because we have a family history of diabetes. These sweet treats are usually not included in my weekly grocery list, but every once in a while, my heart softens and I buy my little boy a few sugary goodies that I give to him in small portions. One of the things he likes is Ovalteenies. According to Wikipedia, “Ovalteenies are round sweets made of compressed Ovaltine.”

A few days ago, he asked for Ovalteenies, but before he could open the small packet of Ovalteenies, he noticed something odd, and he quickly showed it to me.

Justin: Mommy, did they make a mistake?

Mommy: What mistake, son?

Justin: Here, Mommy (showing me the back portion of the Ovalteenie packet containing a trivia). Look at this word, Mommy. It’s spelled M-A-O-D-E.

Mommy: Oh, yes, Justin, you’re right! That should be spelled “M-A-D-E.”

At 5 years old, my son can already spell simple words, and he was quick to notice the misspelling in the Ovalteenie packet. This simply shows that he’s learning more and more each day and that he’s applying what he’s learning in school and at home. That makes me a happy mom!

This entry was posted in Happiness Is..., Mommy Moments. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to My Little Speller!

1. Hazel says:

Cute, inquisitive son. I love it when children express their observation, like yours did. They’re a happy spectacle.

2. Mom-Friday says:

Good catch Justin!!! Galing! 😉

3. Lalah says:

(clap clap)…. Good job Justin.

Keep it up! 🙂

4. rona says:

Ang galing galing naman ni Justin! I love him that he noticed the misspelled word. Galing talaga. I became all the more proud to be a preschool teacher!!

Happiness visit here.

5. Rosemarie says:

wow, very good justin, visiting for Mommy moments and happiness is, mine is at

see you!!!

6. MC says:

What a bright kid! 🙂

Here for Happiness Is …

7. KM says:

now that catch truly deserves a packet of Ovalteenies! good job, justin!

i learned to read and write at the age of 4, and by 5, i was already in Grade 1. i felt so weird then being the smallest and youngest kid at my class, but i find that kids nowadays are really getting onto it at very young age. way to go for the younger generation! 😀

thanks for joining Happiness Is. see you there again next week for another round of happy posts 🙂

Wow, that’s quite a catch, good job Justine. Shame on the ones that wrote it lol.

9. house of P says:

very clever kid! good catch justine! was here for mommy momment. see u at House of P

10. anney says:

Smart kid! kakahiya namn ang ovalteenies! lol!
    Happiness is
    Hot Air Balloon Fiesta

11. Ces says:

such a smart little guy you have Tetcha 🙂

12. Krizza says:

Good job for your son! He is such a smart boy! 🙂

Visiting from happiness is…

13. what a very smart kid you have Mommy 🙂 wtg! big boy 🙂 Visiting from my 1st Happiness Is entry, hope that you can return the visit too.

14. Ovalteenies are a sweet treat for a smart kid 🙂 Visiting back this time from my 2nd Happiness Is entry, hope that you can return the visit too.

15. Visiting back this time from my 3rd Happiness Is entry Sis, hope that you can return the visit too.

16. my little girl likes to do spelling too and she is also five years old 🙂 what grade is your son Sis? Visiting back this time from my 4th Happiness Is entry, hope that you can return the visit too.

wow, very bright! 🙂 great job mommy!