Happy Birthday, Mommy!

A few days before my birthday, my 5-year-old son already gave me a birthday card that he himself made.

Birthday card for Mommy (front)

Birthday card for Mommy (back)

On my birthday, January 31, he gave me two of his piggy banks that were almost full. He usually saves money to buy toys that he wants, but because it’s my birthday, he gave me these piggy banks instead.

The little boy’s piggy banks with money inside, his birthday gifts to me

This was our conversation that day:

Justin: Happy birthday, Mommy! These are my gifts for you (handing me his two piggy banks).

Mommy: Thank you, Justin! But why are you giving me these? I thought you’re using the money inside these piggy banks to buy toys?

Justin: It’s okay, Mommy. I’ll just buy toys after graduation. The money inside those piggy banks is yours.

Mommy: But why, baby? Did I ask for money?

Justin: I’m giving you my money because I heard you say the other day: “Lord, I want lots of money on my birthday!”

Indeed, I said that, and my son remembered! LOL! While I have no intention of getting the money from his piggy banks, I accepted those piggy banks to show him my appreciation. My little boy’s sweet gesture really made my birthday special and yes, happy!

This entry was posted in Birthday Gift, Happiness Is..., Happy Birthday, Mommy Moments. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Happy Birthday, Mommy!

1. Hazel says:

Children notice things we think they won’t. And they could be absolutely charming they melt hearts in a heart bit. Happy birthday, Mommy Tetcha.

2. rona says:

Oh! That’s so sweet!! You’re truly blessed for having a Justin!!

Thanks for dropping by!

I’m just wondering if you’re a Filipina too? Coz my blog was all in Tagalog. 😉

But I have 4 other blogs which are written in English. You may want to drop by here: http://www.womenschoice.info

Thanks a lot!

3. MC says:

Oh. Too sweet of your son! ♥

Here for my Happiness Is… visit!

4. Lainy says:

Awww! That’s so sweet of Justin! HE must have made your heart swell with so much happiness!

5. So so sweet of him… You are so lucky to have a son like him. Mine is up to for Happiness, thanks!

6. Vhen says:

wow, how sweet of him! you’re both lucky to have each other mommy! belated happy birthday!

7. I love how children give gifts.. they give from the heart which is why it’s so touching. The other day my son kept asking me if he could give away certain toys. I asked why and he answered by saying that he was going to give it to his classmate who was about to celebrate his birthday.

Your son is so cute for giving you money (which probably came from you too haha).

8. Rovie says:

Ang sweet naman ni Justin and he really wanted to make you happy on your birthday…

Visiting back here sis…. Thanks!

9. KM says:

Awwwww :’) Those are the kinds of stuff that would melt my heart. So touching indeed. I remember about 8 to 10 years ago when I was still working on my immigration papers to Canada, I needed quite a big amount of financial funds for show money and stuff, and my youngest brother who is very closed to me told me one time before we went to bed that he’d sell his college education plan just so I could come up with the money I needed then. Even until now, it still pinches my heart and gets me teary eyed whenever I’d remember that :’)

Thanks for a touching Happiness Is meme post. Hope to see you again next week for another round of happy posts 😉

Happy birthday ate, ang sweet naman ni Justin.

11. Mom-Friday says:

Belated happy birthday Tetcha! :)))
    Cute Justin, very thoughtful, heehee…

12. raya says:

awww, so sweet of your little boy, mommy!! this really touched my heart. thanks for the visit, by the way!

13. Ally says:

hahaha! ang cute ng baby mo! nakakatuwa! Ang sweet nya! You’re one lucky Mom! God bless po! 🙂

14. Ally says:

Hahaha! ang cute ng baby mo! Super sweet! You’re one lucky mom! tc po! 🙂

15. Jona says:

Answered prayer…your Justin is the gift from above 🙂

my MM this week

16. orlan ilustre says:

good boy, Justin!…happy birthday, tess!

17. Mai says:

awww, that is so sweet! just goes to show how kids can be so receptive to everything that’s going on around him. happy birthday, tetcha! hope you can visit my birthday post too.

18. Mel Cole says:

so cute angry bird! 🙂 Sharing to you My Happiness is…#6.

19. awww! this post makes me cry Sis 🙁 what a sweet boy you have 🙂 may he grow up to be like that 🙂 Visiting from Happiness is…hope that you can return the visit too.

20. Connie says:

How sweet and thoughtful! Grownups should learn from your boy. =)

21. Connie says:

oh, and belated birthday greetings to you!

22. Lalah says:

Belated happy happy birthday to you too tetch 🙂

You must be one proud Mama… You raised your son well 🙂

you have a very loving child in justin! 😀 belated happy birthday mommy tetcha! 😀

24. Rosemarie says:

that is a sweet gesture from Justin, at kapangalan pa ng anak ko..hehehehe… visiting late for hapiness is, mine is at

i hope to see you around