Eric Carle Reading Recital

Last Friday, January 27, 2012, my son’s school had their annual reading recital. The kindergarten classes had their reading recital in the morning, while the pre-kindergarten classes had it in the afternoon. This year, they’re celebrating Eric Carle’s 83rd birthday.

Eric Carle is a children’s book author and illustrator who is most famous for his book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Eric Carle has illustrated more than seventy books, many of which are best sellers and most of which he also wrote. His books are published in many countries and languages.

The morning and afternoon kindergarten classes were assigned to read books written by Eric Carle. They were also asked to bring props or wear costumes related to their reading piece. Here’s a video of my son reading 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle.

Justin reading “10 Little Rubber Ducks” by Eric Carle

The way he spoke might not have been as clear as when he recited the invocation for their school Christmas production last December. That’s because he lost his two lower front teeth more than two weeks ago. I was actually hoping those teeth would remain intact at least until their reading recital day, but that didn’t happen. Despite this, however, I think he did a good performance overall.

The kindergarten kids also prepared a special production for all the parents and guests present. They delighted the audience with their song and dance numbers. This was actually the part my son liked the most. He loves to sing and dance; that’s why!

The kindergarteners performing “Put Your Happy Face On” and “Follow Me”

That was one happy and proud mommy moment!

This entry was posted in Eric Carle, Happiness Is..., Kindergarten, Mommy Moments, Reading Recital. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Eric Carle Reading Recital

1. I’m sure you were beaming all throughout the presentation! 🙂

2. Rosemarie says:

i am sure you are a proud mommy why the little one is reading his peace.. dropping from happiness is, see you around at

3. Jenggai says:

truly a proud mommy moment 🙂

4. Lainy says:

Ang galing ni Justin! Nakakatuwa syang tingnan! Tunay na happiness nga ang binibigay nyan sa magulang.

5. anney says:

Ganda ng diction ah! Galing magbasa at syempre magaling ding kumanta at sumayaw ang very cute son mo!

Would love to watch the vid but won’t play on my side wahhh.. Do you feel the chills when you watch Justin performs ate? I always do with my daughter when she’s on stage. Ako yung ninerbyus lol. Visiting from happiness is.

7. KM says:

yay!! good job, Justin! you make your momma so proud 😉

thanks for joining Happiness Is.

see you again next week for another round of happy posts 🙂

8. Hazel says:

The video is not playing on my browser but I’m sure your son read very well. This reading recital is such a brilliant school activity. I’ll be all support for this if this were done in my son’s school. They have all the music recitals there but not this.

9. You must be so proud of your kid. He is so adorable. Thanks for the visit of my entry.

10. Rosemarie says:

happy weekend mommy and rest of the family, am here again for Mommy moment, see yeah at

11. awww! that is one happy moment Sis 🙂 am sure that your heart skips so many times with joy and prud of your son 🙂 Visiting for Happiness is…hope that you can return the visit too.

Justin is growing up bright and confident! 😀 congratulations mommy!