Wonderful Gifts from My High School Friend

A big paper bag was left in our lobby guard last January 9, 2010 containing two items, one for me and one for my son. The package came from my very good friend Ana. Ana was a really good friend back in high school. According to her, I wrote poems for her when we were in high school, which she’s still keeping to this day. How come I didn’t remember that? LOL!

That’s my friend Ana (wearing brown-striped shirt) beside me and our high school classmates during our August 2011 meet-up at Serendra!

It took 23 years for us to see each other again. The last time we saw each other was after high school graduation. She stayed in the U.S. for six years to pursue her nursing career, and she came back last year to deliver her second child here in the Philippines. That’s when we were finally able to catch a glimpse of each other after all these years.

So what’s inside the paper bag?

Victoria’s Secret Pure Seduction® Must-have Gift Bag for me

This Victoria’s Secret gift bag was Ana’s Christmas gift to me. Actually, I’m considering it as my early birthday present. This gift bag contains Pure Seduction® hydrating body lotion, fragrance mist and daily body wash. I super loved this!

Baton Launcher for the little boy

The little boy likewise received a Christmas present from Jed, Ana’s son who recently celebrated his 7th birthday with an angry birds-themed party that we attended, too. The little boy was too excited to open his gift and play with his new toy. See that toothless smile on his face?

Thank you very much, Ana! We loved your gifts, but more than those presents, I really appreciate your friendship. 24 years and counting, has it been that long? Now that reminds me I’m getting really old. LOL!

“Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend.”

This entry was posted in Christmas Gifts, Gift of Friendship, Happiness Is..., Mommy Moments. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Wonderful Gifts from My High School Friend

1. janakidiary says:

Isn’t it just wonderful to receive surprise gifts from old friends! Makes you really happy inside. Thanks for sharing

2. High Tea says:

Wow! your friend is really so sweet. Having been remembered by someone close to our heart is enough reason to be happy. Imagine? 24 years of friendship. 🙂

Visiting from Happiness is…..

3. so sweet and loving friend, i like that… 24 years and counting too….:D

visiting from happiness is…

4. The friends you make in high school are the friends you’ll have for life. This holds true for me. Almost all of Yue’s godparents are my high school barkada, which is why we don’t bother going out during Christmas para mamasko. My friends come over to our place instead para reunion party na rin.

It’s great to have friends like ours diba Mommy Tetcha? 🙂

5. rona says:

Aw super happiness nga yan! At ang sweet and thoughtful ng best friend mo ha? I too still keep letters and cards from my highschool bestfriends. Ang sayang alalahanin lahat ng moments!

Come see my happiness too!

6. Vhen says:

wow! antagal nio hindi nakita isat isa… so happiness talaga yan sobra! and shes sweet!

7. ferry'zHOME says:

Naku!! naman!! ako man makatanggap nyan eh!! happiness to the max talaga!! pero it’s really the thoughts that really matter!!

>> you are lucky to have Ana Sis!!! hihi.. well, maybe she is just returning the goodness to you 🙂

8. Sammy says:

So sweet of your friend to give you such nice gifts! 🙂 I love the gift bag because it’s so PINK! Haha! 🙂 Thanks for the visit sis.

How thoughful naman your friends ate. Love the photos, Justin is getting more handsome every time. Sorry for getting you confuse, I have more than one entry. Ingat and thanks for the comments.

high school friends. i do miss mine too. wish i could have met with them more often too.

11. KM says:

victoria’s secret makes me happy, too! pure seduction is my second favorite scent next to my all-time fave endless love ♥ how sweet of your classmate to keep all those poems you wrote her way back more than 23 years ago 🙂

thanks for linking up to happiness is! hope to see you again next week for another round of happy posts 🙂

12. Lainy says:

I ♥ VS! You’re one lucky recipient! But your friend is lucky twice as much to have you as a friend. 23 years of friendship? WOW! That’s no mean feat!

13. Rosemarie says:

Ohh that is a real happy toothless smile, visiting for Happy Moment, mine is up at

I hope to see you around!!!!

14. awww! what a sweet friend you have Sis 🙂 I love VS too and those gifts smells good too. Visiting from Happiness is, hope that you can return the visit too.

15. Napakabaet naman po ng mga friends nyo. Pero sa totoo lang high school life and friends ang pi nakamasaya at di ko makalimutan na pangyayari sa buhay ko.
    namiss ko tuloy sila

16. wow sweet ni friend, late visit for Happiness is meme, mine is up at http://www.pinaysinglemomsnook.info/personalized-invitation/
    see you there…

17. Pingback: Review of Victoria’s Secret Pure Seduction® Daily Body Wash, Hydrating Body Lotion and Fragrance Mist | Pensive Thoughts