Mommy Moments: Halloween 2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011, was my son’s last day of classes before semestral break. That was also their Trick-or-Treat Day in school, so everyone—students, teachers, and school administrators—came to school sporting their Halloween costumes. My son wore his Count Dracula costume to school, courtesy of his Tita Meann, my younger sister.

The morning kindergarten class; my son with his classmates and teachers

Halloween creatures in black

Fairies and princesses

Pirates and superheroes

All the kids had their pumpkin baskets, too, and they went to nearby buildings, accompanied by their teachers and teacher aides, for some trick-or-treating.

Happy with his loot!

While he was rummaging through the contents of his pumpkin basket, I thought my son was looking for treasures, like titanium rings, but I was wrong. He was actually having a hard time deciding which sweet treat to nibble on first. LOL!

This entry was posted in Halloween, Mommy Moments, Trick or Treat. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Mommy Moments: Halloween 2011

1. Hazel says:

Thanks for this glimpse of how halloween is now in the Philippines. I can’t remember this (I mean the trick or treating) happening around our time. All Souls’ Day in the Philippines has turned something new for kids, so Westernish.

2. Mirage says:

I agree with Hazel…well such things happen.

3. well, true indeed! ang undas ay binalot na rin ng kolonyalismo…not that it’s not fun it’s just sad that we no longer practice our own traditions and culture…mas masaya pa rin ung mga panahon noon na ang undas ay umiikot lang sa pagdalaw sa sementeryo at sasabayan ng malulupit na kwentong katatakutan , di ba?

hope you can also take a peek at my mommy moment this week

4. Mel Cole says:

Wow, nice coz a lot are in Halloween costume 🙂 Looks like you had a blast mommy tetch. Visiting from Mommy Moments.

5. Rcel says:

Hmm… so madami na rin palang costumes for sale dyan on Halloween? Kahit sembreak, I didn’t know that there is such thing na rin for elementary or high school students. 😀 Anyway, looks like you had fun!

Visiting (lately) for MM! Hope you don’t mind. 🙂 I shared my daughter’s BUTTERFLY IDEA at my blog, if you can stop by! 😉

6. tatess says:

kids loves trick or treats .it is good thing na pati mga school ngayon ay nagcecelebrate na rin ng hslloween .enjoy na enjoy ang anak mo.

late visit from MM.

im sure he had fun. thanks for joining as always!