Mommy Moments: Mommy’s Hobbies

Aside from blogging that I really love doing, I also enjoy singing. My love for singing was influenced by my parents. My father was a musician; more specifically, he worked as a drummer for different bands when he was younger. Both my parents also sing. As a matter of fact, they both joined singing contests on TV during their heyday and won prizes. I joined singing competitions, too, but I lost! LOL!

At Red Box, Greenbelt 3 during our office Christmas party, December 18, 2010

At my parents’ house in Cavite, December 24, 2011

I used to sing a lot when my son wasn’t born yet. I stopped singing when he was already around because he would always get the microphone from me. Now, he’s the one performing in church or during family gatherings. In short, he has upstaged Mommy. Waah!

Seriously, though, I’m just happy to see my son showing interest in music at such a young age. Whatever he wants to get into, I’ll support him all the way. I hope we get to perform on stage together someday.

This entry was posted in Hobbies, Mommy, Mommy Moments. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Mommy Moments: Mommy’s Hobbies

1. Mirage says:

Awwww….I do sing too but not good enough to compete 😀 So nice to have a family inclined to music…especially na your son loves it too! it’s good for the heart! 🙂

2. Mommy Marlyn says:

Maybe we could sing together next time! (^^)
    Happy MM

3. when God showered people with singing voice, I was asleep kaya hindi ako naambunan! huhu 🙁 I always believe that people with nice voices are amazing 🙂

4. Hazel says:

Wow Mommy, you sing! I hope so too that you and your son can sing together on stage. Soon 🙂

5. Myra says:

wow, your family is the pinoy version of Von Trapp Family singers… it’s so nice to hear a family who has the same hobby.. visiting from MM

6. Russ says:

It is great to hear that he sings.Someday you can probably sing together. Remember singing is praying twice.

7. nancy says:

Wow, how cool is that having a drummer for a dad. 😀

I am a frustrated drummer back then but since I can’t buy myself a set, I just resorted to singing instead. 😀

8. peachkins says:

Oh my, how I wish I could sing! I can’t sing for sour apples and I get inggit everytime I hear somebody with a good voice sing….

9. Lynn says:

You’re a singing family then. 🙂 Wish I could sing but I can’t. One of the office R&R that I dread is going to Red Box. Lol.

10. oh, singing naman is one of my frustrations…most of the people in my family can sing well, pero ako naku, pang banyo lang ang boses, haha!

see?!, buti na lang merong ganitong theme ang Mommy Moments kundi di namin malalaman na you used to join singing competitions pala!

please check out the other side of this mom

wow, musically inclined ka pala! 😀 i used to join singing contests and singing performances during high school days as well too 🙂

12. orlan ilustre says:

you hv such a good voice,Tess!..with quality. Hindi mo lang na-practice and di ka nag-voice lesson. you still have your chance!hehehe!’s God’s gift you should have nurtured..for His glory!

13. Wow, I never knew you were a singer! Music runs in your blood, I can see 🙂