Mommy Moments: Financial Tip

Justin has three piggy banks in the house. If my memory serves me right, I bought the big piggy bank, and the two smaller ones were part of loot bags given by his classmates when they celebrated their birthdays in school.

Justin’s piggy banks

Justin’s Dad will drop all the coins from his pocket into Justin’s piggy banks when he gets home from work. We also give Justin Php5.00 if he did something nice, for instance, if he has a star sign on one or both hands for doing a good job in school or if he behaves well in the house (he packs away his toys, he does his homework, he listens to Mommy, etc.), Php5.00 for each good deed.

The purpose of his piggy banks is so that he can save up for something that he really likes. It is our way of telling him that “money does not grow on trees.” If he wants something really bad, he should exert effort to have it.

What’s good about these piggy banks is that we can take off the lid if Justin needs to get money to buy something, then, we can put the lid back and he can save again; in short; they’re reusable. LOL!

Click the badge above to see more financial tips.

This entry was posted in Financial Tip, Mommy Moments, Piggy Bank. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Mommy Moments: Financial Tip

1. Mys says:

Great tips. I don’t let my kids handle money yet. I think I should start already. I think I’m delaying the inevitable.

2. Olga says:

We’ll be doing the same thing once the toddlers can be given their own chores to do. That way, they also get to earn salaries and budget them.
    Hope you have time to read about my tips too.

3. Visiting from MM. Thanks for sharing and have a happy and safe weekend!!!

4. Rcel says:

Yeah, reusable piggy banks are great! That way, if it gets full, we only have to take the money out and use it again. Great tip there! 🙂

My MM Saving Tips for this week is up, too! I welcome your visit if you have a chance! 😉

5. Mys says:

Hi! Mommy Tetcha, just wanted to inform you that I received my prize from the Biogesic Giveaway today! I was very happy! Thank you for the contest!

6. that’s great! Jian’s piggy bank is also reusable…hope you can take a peek on our tips on saving

7. Mai says:

love those reusable piggy banks. thanks for the tip. right now, only my nine year old knows the concept of money at home. although my five year old and the three year old is starting to learn that money can buy them candies and toys. I’ll be starting them on their piggy bank soon. thanks for the tips, Tetcha and thanks for visiting us, too.

8. It is really good to teach them how to value money. Thanks for the visit!

9. Hazel says:

“Money does not grow on trees” – my thought exactly. I tried commenting here on Friday last week. Now I’m hoping this will get through. Have a great week.

Money does not grow on trees! something children need to learn while young. Thanks for the tip mommy Tetcha! 😀

11. Lany says:

Hi Mommy Tetcha,

The reusable piggy banks is an advice I would definitely take note of. Thanks for sharing, enjoyed my stay here! 🙂