Mommy Moments: Fashion Tips

I’m no fashionista. I do not always buy the latest fashion clothes, accessories, etc. I buy what I feel comfortable wearing. That’s the same rule I apply when purchasing my five-year-old son’s shoes and clothing. I don’t worry much about my husband’s things because he knows and buys what he wants.

My son’s usual get-up is shirt and jeans or shorts. I buy cotton shirts for him because they’re cool and comfy, and I’m usually on the lookout for sale items. Kids outgrow their clothes very quickly, and it’s not practical to buy expensive items for them. Besides, my five-year-old doesn’t seem to mind what I buy for him. I also usually buy a bigger-sized shirt or pants/shorts for him so that they will last longer.

What are your fashion tips?

This entry was posted in Fashion, Fashion Tips, Mommy Moments. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Mommy Moments: Fashion Tips

1. carina says:

Comfort clothing should really comes first for our kids. I’m also favors affordable and best buy clothes. happy weekend!

2. Mys says:

I agree, my kids love cotton and say no to clothing that’s hot. Don’t forget to join the rafflecopter giveaway at my blog and get a chance to win $100 via paypal. Thanks mommy tetcha.

3. imriz says:

agree with u, as long as the clothes were comfortable to the kids, its okay. i do not buy branded items when i can get them in the market stalls 🙂

4. Mirage says:

great discipline sis. I’d say I have problems with my youngest, he enjoys shopping around for clothes and shoes, would try them on and say “mom, it fits” 😀 He’s 5! lol

5. stef says:

I must agree. Just like you, I avoid branded clothes for my kids. My toddler is lucky to have received a lot of branded & imported hand me downs though. But for Ate, I rarely get expensive ones. The price tag next to the design and material is very important to me. LoL.
    Visiting from MM. Here’s my entry. See you!

6. I’m glad I have boys like you, and fashion for them is like whatever is comfy! 😀

7. Cookie says:

I agree with you. I also buy clothes that my kids are comfortable of wearing.
    visiting from my MM entry.

8. Hazel says:

It is good sense and financially mature when you shop for comfort and according to the budget. I love that! Thanks Mommy for visiting my nook. Ngayon lng ako nkareturn ng visit kasi buong araw ang trabaho ko Sundays. Pro nagrereturn talaga ako visit 🙂 Justin has grown a few inches since the last time I saw him on photos. Time flies.

9. Jellybelly says:

It’s better to buy comfortable clothes for active children. I buy mostly clothing made of cotton and stretchy materials and never expensive clothes. There are always sale items that are separated from the regular priced ones and they’re really nice too

10. Jona says:

same with me, comfy wear is the best. lalo na we have boys who are active. thanks for the visit and comment at my MM this week.

11. Myra says:

hi! I’m visiting from MM! your son is so cute! I agree with you I also like cotton shirts for my son as he easily gets sweaty.. I also go for comfort for myself and for my son.

cool and comfy seems to be the rule with boys like ours! 😀