Mommy Moments: I Am a Daddy!

In October 2005, hubby and I went to Makati Medical Center’s Emergency Room because I was experiencing an unusually heavy feeling on my lower abdominal area. My blood tests were okay, so there was really nothing to worry about. It was then that I realized I was supposed to have my monthly period days before. The next thing I did was buy a pregnancy test kit, which showed I was pregnant, finally, after 9 years of being married!

I couldn’t actually remember hubby’s reaction to that surprising news because I was more concerned about me and my baby because of my medical condition back then. But I do remember him telling me a few months into my pregnancy that he dreamed about our baby and in that dream he saw our beautiful baby girl. Well, he was wrong because we were given a handsome baby boy.

I only have one photo of hubby with our son when we visited the Nursery the day after I gave birth, and this was taken using one of our old cell phones, which explains the quality and size of the picture.

He has lots of pictures, however, carrying our baby and proudly showing the world that he’s a daddy, and here are some of them.

How about you? What was your husband’s reaction when he learned that you’re pregnant and when he finally saw your little bundle of joy?

Click the badge above to see more Mommy Moments’ entries.

This entry was posted in Daddy, Mommy Moments. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Mommy Moments: I Am a Daddy!

1. MommyLES says:

Answered prayer! After nine years of have your little boy in your arms..very proud daddy!

2. 9 years was a long wait but I believe it was all worth the wait. your little boy came in God’s perfect time 🙂 Your husband must be really proud 🙂

3. Vhen says:

answered prayer nga! imagine ang tagal niyo nag antay for a baby! super saya di ba…

see yah!

4. Trish says:

your husband certainly treasures his moments with your son because he’s certainly a blessing that God gave after years of waiting. 🙂

5. bingkaycoy says:

Husband shows his pride ….and the pictures show it. Hey Tetcha, I added your blog to my blogroll…please do check it out on my blog.

6. Divine says:

your patience have been rewarded! and HE tells it in your husband’s dream! (kabaligtaran nga lang, hehehe)

God is good!

7. Pinx says:

your husband is truly one proud daddy! visiting from MM. hope you can drop by mine too!

8. jeng says:

Nice pictures of father and son. : ) Thanks for the MM visit!

Ang cute cute ng mukha ni Justine nung baby pa. You and Justin are both lucky to have him.

If you have time ate, please join the meme that my daughter is hosting. It will start today. Thanks.

10. Visiting from Mommy Moments. Thanks for sharing. You’re story is truly inspiring.

11. I guess God always has his own timing. I can see that your hubby is very happy and proud 😉

12. kimmy says:

he really looks happy.. your baby is real MIRACLE!

MY ENTRY is up!

13. peachkins says:

those are cute photos of them!

14. jerla says:

wow 9 years! that reminds me of my eldest sister. they’ve been trying to get pregnant for a very long years and 9 years later she got pregnant. now that her daughter is 2 yr old, she’s pregnant again to a baby boy. Next month will be her due date. anyway, my husband’s first reaction when he found out that i was pregnant was a total shocked, surprised with mix emotion because i just had misscarriage a few months before we found out that were pregnant again. But everything is worth, we’re happy to have our children. 😀 thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment to my entry.

15. Olga says:

His face is radiating with happiness and pride! Your son is indeed a blessing to both of you.

Visiting late through Mommy Moments.

16. Prettymom says:

What a real blessing! God is always good. He always hear the prayers of good people. Sweet photos!

thanks for dropping by 🙂

what a great blessing to have a hands on daddy! 😀