Mommy Moments: Mother’s Day 2011

Mother’s Day 2011 was extra special for me because my son, who is soon turning five, greeted me for the very first time. I think he’s now old enough to know that mommies have their own special day and holiday.

The first thing he did when he woke up last last Sunday, May 8, was to greet me “Happy Mother’s Day, Mommy!” I was so touched that I immediately kissed and hugged my son.

We had a simple celebration at home. I just cooked spaghetti and chicken fingers. The day before Mother’s Day, however, hubby treated us to dinner at Tokyo Café in SM Megamall. It was our first time there, and we had a great time! We ordered Mango Chicken Salad, Seafood Pizza and Chicken in a Basket.

Picture! Picture!

Mango Chicken Salad

Seafood Pizza

Chicken in a Basket (Regular)

Refreshing Mango, Strawberry Orange and Milk Oreo

(Note: For a complete review of Tokyo Café, please read my Food Trip Friday post at my Delight My Appetite blog.)

It was a fun Mother’s Day 2011 celebration for me; actually, it’s twice the fun because we celebrated twice. Thanks, Dad! To return the favor, I’m now looking for great men’s gifts under $30. I want to give hubby something special on Father’s Day. I wish to earn more from my online tasks so I could buy him something he really likes.

Belated Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommies out there!

Click the badge above to see more Mommy Moments’ entries.

This entry was posted in Mommy Moments, Restaurant Review, Tokyo Cafe. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Mommy Moments: Mother’s Day 2011

1. Clarissa says:

A big wow to your food parade!!What a nice treat for Mother’s Day,lucky you!!^_^ Drooled over your mango chicken salad!

2. Stef says:

I love all these photos (hehe) especially the salad and pizza! Yum! Please check out my MM too. Thanks and happy weekend!

3. MommyLES says:

yummy food for Mother’s day.. here is my Rainy Mother’s Day

4. dorry lyn says:

wow! i’m excited too to hear my son’s greeting Happy Mother’s Day. hopefully it would be MD 2012 🙂

mine is up – your comment is a big help thanks in advance 🙂

5. Olga says:

It’s 12midnight but my tummy’s now rumbling after seeing those photos! The food sure looks great. But I’m sure you loved hearing the words “Happy Mother’s Day” from your son more.

I hope you’d find time to visit my Mommy Moments entry.

Such a nice celebration of a great Mom like you ate.

7. bingkaycoy says:

Sarap ng food….glad to hear that you have an awesome mother’s day with your family.

8. tejan-laikka says:

ayy so sweet thats also I am waiting for techa..hehe! our celebration here will be this last sunday so am excited:)

mine is up though..see yah!

9. kimmy says:

isn’t it quite an experience witnessing those milestones? from ‘’
    to ‘Happy Mother’s Day’ it feels as if you’re doing something magical with yourself, lol!

MY ENTRY is up!

10. The salad looks great, I should try it sometime. Belated Happy Mother’s Day too, thanks for dropping by my site.

11. cheerful says:

that’s so nice…and its really sweet to hear it from our kids! btw, you’ve got some great foods…yummy! belated happy mother’s day and visiting late from MM. have a great week…:)

12. yummy foods! your husband and son are both so sweet.

quite an appetizing treat you have there 😀 and yes, those greetings alone are enough gift and makes us feel appreciated 🙂