Kcat Yarza is an Inspiration to Us All!

I stayed up late last night despite my son’s constant urging for us to go to bed because I really wanted to watch Kcat’s story on Cheche Lazaro Presents. The title of the episode is “Binubuong Pangarap, Apat na Storya ng Pag-asa.”

Maria Kathrina Lopez Yarza, otherwise known as Kcat (pronounced as Kat), is a fellow blogger. Kcat is suffering from Neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2). I only learned about her condition from other mommy bloggers Levy and Mitch.

According to MedLine Plus, neurofibromatosis is “a genetic disorder of the nervous system. It causes tumors to grow on nerves.” Neurofibromatosis happens because of a mutation in genes, or it can be inherited. The symptoms associated with this disease are hearing loss, ringing in the ears and poor balance. Patients suffering from NF2 may also experience the following complications: changes in vision or sensation, weakness or numbness in the arms or legs and build-up of fluid in the brain.

Right now, Kcat can’t hear well, can’t see well, can’t swallow well and can’t walk on her own because of NF2. Despite her condition, however, she remains positive. She doesn’t let her condition pull her down and uses her God-given skills instead to raise funds for her medical needs. She’s selling purple wristbands, button pins, tumblers and shirts that she designed herself. You can visit her online store here.

Kcat says, “Every cent counts. I’m not really asking for money, buying from me is much better.. But you can donate if you want to.. There’s no big or small in helping, it’s the HELP that matters.”

For those who would like to help Kcat, you can deposit your donations directly to her BDO account. Here are her account details:

Banco De Oro (BDO)
Savings Acct Number: 02 809 824 88
Banco De Oro SM Megamall Branch, Mandaluyong City

You can also text or call Kcat at 09063360757 or 09235219600.

This entry was posted in Kcat Yarza, Neurofibromatosis. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Kcat Yarza is an Inspiration to Us All!

1. KCat is indeed an inspiration…just when everyone is asking and questioning God, here is a young spirit hugging every God’s will

2. Levy says:

I visited her last Saturday bago sya umuwi sa bahay. Ayon ang kulit pa din… kakatuwa kasi di nya iniisip kalagayan nya 🙂

Nice post Tetcha.

3. JOY MENDIOLA says:

I’d like to help by posting your article in my blog and get more people to buy from her..How do I do it

• admin says:

Hi, Joy!

I think it would be better to write a post of your own to help Kcat raise funds for her medical needs. So far, three bloggers have done this, Levy and Mitch and I. I have links to their blogs so you can also read their articles. The more bloggers will write about her, the more people will know about her condition and the more help she’ll get.

You might want to check this out: http://kcatyarza.com/About_Me.html. This is where I got most of what I’ve written in my post about Kcat. And this one is her online store: http://hearyeah.multiply.com/

Add her as friend on FB: Kcat Yarza and let her know you wrote a post about her. Helping her spread the word about her medical condition is the best help we can give her as co-blogger and friend.

Text me na lang if you have questions; I’ll be out of the house the whole afternoon, check up with my neurosurgeon and date with my little boy.

4. Mitchteryosa says:

Hi Tetcha! Thanks for the mention….

She really is an inspiration and an eye opener that we, who complain more, are luckier in fact.

@Joy Mendiola, may I butt in? You can actually make a post of your own, para maging campaign na din for Kcat’s funds. The info are all mentioned in Kcat’s blog and shop online.

5. madge yarza says:

thank you so much guys!GOD BLESS <3

6. bingkaycoy says:

I’m also helping and her story is just inspiring. She just proves that nothing limits us from achieving what we want to do.

7. shydub says:

Ive heard from her through facebook. she is a fighter