Let me start 2011 with a list of things I’m thankful for in the past year. I never expected 2010 to be a better year than 2009 in terms of finances, but it was. I remember in 2009, I had to ask my bosses to give me half of my 13th month pay middle of that year because we simply had so many expenses with the little boy then on his second year of preschool and my husband still paying for our 1-bedroom condo unit here in Ortigas. Honestly, I’m not able to help much in our family expenses because a huge part of my monthly salary goes to my parents’ medications, and I’m glad that my husband understands.
Without further ado, here’s a list of things I’m grateful for in 2010:
1. I attended more blog events last year and met wonderful people and friends in the process.
2. My blog got approved by PayU2Blog which gave multiple writing tasks regularly. That meant extra income for me.
3. My son graduated from Nursery and became a Pre-Kindergartner last year.
4. Pensive Thoughts had a blog makeover courtesy of Kaye.
5. I became part of BC Bloggers and Mommy Bloggers Club.
6. My mother underwent coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) in June. We never thought we’d be able to pay for her surgery, but we did through the help of friends and the loan my husband took out from his office.
7. Justin’s photo was seen on the NIDO 3+ See the Difference Billboard Photos near Boni Avenue and at SM North Edsa last September 15 to 17, 2010.
8. We were able to buy a new laptop that my husband and my son now share. I have the old HP laptop all to myself.
9. My bosses gave me a salary increase during the last quarter of 2010.
10. We were able to visit Boracay for the very first time in November 2010.
11. I attended my first ever Mommy Bloggers’ Christmas Party last year.
12. We had a great Christmas celebration with my family on December 25, 2010.
Overall, 2010 has been a good year for us, and we hope 2011 would be even better.
How about you? What are you thankful for in 2010?