In line with Mother’s Day, this week’s theme for Mommy Moments is “Motherly Advice.” Because we love our children so much, we make it a point to keep an eye on whatever they’re doing. We do everything in our power to keep them out of harm’s way. To do that, sometimes we give advices to our kids that may not always be true to prevent them from doing things that may hurt them physically or otherwise. Here are some of mine:
1. Don’t tell a lie or you’ll nose will grow longer.
2. If you do bad things, the policeman will get you.
3. Be a good boy so Santa Claus will give you lots of gifts on Christmas Day.
4. Don’t scratch an insect bite, just pat gently by palm if it’s itchy, so it won’t leave an ugly mark on your skin.
5. If someone you don’t know attempts to take you away or asks you to come with him, you just shout “Help! Police!”
6. If there’s a fire and Mommy or Daddy is not in the house, you tell Ate that you should go down the stairs and head to the security guards at the building lobby. They should keep you safe.
As you can see, some of my motherly advices are downright silly, others are meant to scare the little boy to prevent him from doing a mischief, and there are a few that are quite helpful.
Click on the badge above to see more motherly advices.