2009 was a very busy year for me as a mom because my son officially started going to school in April. Although I work at home, I have a fixed schedule to follow, and dropping my son off at school and picking him up from school made my schedule even more hectic. It didn’t help that I had to change helpers five times last year only to lose the last one after Christmas. I didn’t even know how I survived 2009. Also, my son got sickly towards the end of 2009, so I was really hoping that 2009 would soon be over. I hope 2010 will be a better year.
Here’s a list of what we hope to accomplish in 2010:
1. Get rid of Justin’s feeding bottles and diapers altogether because he’s already turning four this July. He wears briefs in school and at home already and pees in the potty, but poops only in a diaper.
2. Train our son to become independent so that even without a helper, I will be able to work at home with little to no distractions and still see to his needs.
3. Expose our son to new places and new things to hone his social, emotional, behavioral, and artistic skills. A visit to the zoo and Manila Ocean Park is a must this year.
4. Schedule a family trip here or abroad to get away from the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives.
5. Find out what’s causing our son’s repeated UTI and put an end to this problem once and for all. He’ll be undergoing VUCG (voiding cystourethrogram) at Makati Medical Center tomorrow afternoon.
Click on the badge above to see more exciting Mommy Moments’ entries.