Mommy Moments: Sleeping Time

Here are some of my son’s nap time /sleeping time captured in photos.

The first two pictures were taken two days apart when Justin was about a month old.

The last picture was taken when Justin was 1 year and 7 months old.

We have a ritual before Justin sleeps at night. I sing to him a song that I have been singing to put him to sleep since he was a tiny tot. It’s called “Drip Drop.” It was one of the songs in the CD Bless My Little Boy. We have both memorized it by this time, and the two of us sing this lullaby together. Here are the lyrics of this cradlesong:

Drip drop, drip drop

Up on the housetop

Pitter, patter, pitter patter

On the windowpane

Tap, tap, tap

Fall asleep on my lap

As we rock to the rhythm

Of the falling rain

So when you hear the sound

Of raindrops falling down

Tapping on the windowpane

Nothing is the matter

It’s just the pitter patter

Of the gentle falling rain.

If you want to join Mommy Moments, please visit Chris’ The Mommy Journey.

This entry was posted in Mommy Moments, Sleep. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Mommy Moments: Sleeping Time

1. Elizabeth says:

Wow, tabachingching and cutie pie pa din kahit sleeping! Me too, they love to hear me sing the songs “I love you forever” and Donna Cruz’s “Ang Gabi’y Payapa” (di ko alam ung title pero jingle siya for a diaper commercial). I’ve been singing these to him and they love them until now. 🙂

2. SASSY MOM says:

He’s so cute and I love lullabies. My kids also love it when they were still babies.

3. Laine's Cutie Abode says:

Mommy tetcha super duper cutie ng baby mo. Oist inggit ako sayo, u know how to sing a lullaby. me kasi di marunong.:( Di ko na mention sa post ko na since i dunno how to sing 🙂 play nalang si me classical music sa baby ko. sabi din kasi nila na good daw classical music for the babies. 🙂

i also have that CD, but mine is Bless My Little Girl. 🙂 I used to play that CD for my litlle girl when she was a baby.. and I have memorized almost all the songs there. i just love it. 🙂

by the way, dont forget to include your URL at mr. linky on my site 😀

5. Evan's Mom says:

Those are cute pictures. For Evan it was his dad who sang lullaby. Sometimes he just made up his own instead of sang a known one, and surprisingly it worked as well as other lullabies.

Have a good weekend mommy 🙂

6. Enchie says:

our little ones loves mom’s voice as they sleep…plus it strengthens the bonding.

7. Twinkie says:

Ang cute!!! The best talaga sleeping pics, very peaceful at ma-kiss ng walang angal diba?

And I thought nakanta ko na lahat ng lullabies… Thanks for sharing, ‘di ko alam ang Drip Drop e. 🙂

8. Genejosh says:

thanks for sharing the song…sleeping babies really look like angels…your baby is adorable

9. shydub says:

ohh! He look so cute and peaceful in his sleep. baby’s really have their own favorite song to help them fell asleep. My jake were itsy bitsy spider and Hush little baby

10. Samantha Ysabelle says:

That’s a very nice ritual mommy tetch! Galing na ng baby mo ha? he can now sing with you at just one year and 7 months. i bet he’s a bright boy and he’ll be outstanding as a student. si sam ko naman, i sing to her a lullaby that i made up when it’s sleeping time na. sometimes, she would hum/sing along too.. it sounds really funny kasi nga, inaudible pa yung mga sinasabi nya.

Mommy Kikamz
    Just About Anything

11. Jona says:

of all the songs i sing to my eldest son, he loves the “rainbow connection.” he usually requests for that song before he sleeps.

btw, can i add you to my blog? just let me know pls.