Last night, while I was doing my usual Entrecard (EC) rounds, I noticed the message that appeared on the EC box is “Penalty.” I initially thought this has something to do with my slow Internet connection, so I tried dropping ECs again, but the same message appeared. When I returned to my Dashboard, there was a considerable reduction in my latest EC credits. Today, I attempted to drop ECs again, and the message is the same.
I went to Help section and here’s what Entrecard has to say on why I got a penalty when dropping cards.
According to this article, some ways to avoid getting penalties are as follows:
• Don’t drop too quickly. Take the time to read the sites you drop on.
• Wait for the drop to go through before dropping on another site.
• Click the “Drop” text, not a blank area of the yellow bar.
• If you see “No such user”, the site has been deleted – don’t try to drop on them again.
• If you see “Invalid”, try logging out and logging back in again. Don’t refresh the page after logging in or it may re-send the drop. Bookmark the site first then go back to it using the bookmark.
Additionally, they said, “If you get a penalty, please contact us by logging a support ticket and explain how you were dropping cards. Don’t just keep on dropping.”
What I don’t understand is why I get penalized when there is nothing different or unusual in the way I dropped my ECs. I’ve been doing the same thing since the day I joined Entrecard. I e-mailed Entrecard already because as of today, I only have 10 EC credits out of almost 500 points last night.