Happy 2007, everyone! As always, we greet each new year with a bang and with yet another list of New Year’s resolution on the things we want to change in our lives, hopefully for the better, which at the end of the year we realize we haven’t really taken into heart that much or might have forgotten as we hustle and bustle about fulfilling our daily grind. As we can’t turn back time, we can only look back at the year that was and look forward to a brighter and better year ahead of us.
In keeping with tradition, here’s the list of things I hope to accomplish in 2007:
- I intend to be a better wife. I must admit I haven’t been the best partner for the past 10 years. Well, I have my moods, but who doesn’t? But hey, everyone deserves a second chance and that includes me, right?
- I will take care of myself more, not for anything else, but because I’m a mother now. I have a son to take care of and I should be there for him 24/7. And for the life of him, that means, I’ll be the only woman in his life or else…
- I resolve to pamper myself more. If I really want something so bad, then by all means I will have it, cash or charge. I’ll worry about paying for it later, though. But at least, I’ve made myself happy.
- I will be more tolerant of people, acknowledging that I, too, just like everybody else, make mistakes, and nobody’s perfect anyway.
- I will grab every opportunity that comes my way — opportunity knocks but once, remember — or regret what might have been.
- I vow to write more this year, not leaving anything to chance, for posterity’s sake. We tend to forget more as we grow older, you know.
- I will endeavor to learn new things every chance I get, try new hair styles, wear something different, explore various sites, taste different foods, remember friends’ birthdays, pray more, go to church regularly, and most importantly, become the best person that I can ever be.